Zinc is the second most abundant trace element in our body and essential for the development and function of immune cells. This mineral is also critical for skin health, DNA synthesis, protein production, and its role in cell growth and division .
- Zinc aids in the metabolism of thyroid hormone.
- Helps regulate the effect of insulin, controlling blood sugar.
- A powerful antioxidant can reduce the symptoms of PCOS.
- Reduces the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- Review: The role of zinc in the endocrine system
- The Role of Zinc in Selected Female Reproductive System Disorders
- Women with endometriosis improved their peripheral antioxidant markers after the application of a high antioxidant diet
- The effect of zinc supplementation on pregnancy outcome
- Zinc supplementation for improving pregnancy and infant outcome
- The Role of Coenzyme Q in Cellular Metabolism: Current Biological and Clinical Aspects