The group of B vitamins plays a very important role in the formation and proper functioning of red blood cells. It also contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system, the production of energy in cells and the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
- Vitamin B6 and B12 help reduce homocysteine levels, preventing repeat miscarriages.
- Studies show that high levels of B vitamins are associated with better quality embryos.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the luteal phase of the ovulation cycle.
- Improves premenstrual symptoms.
Benefits for pregnancy
- Vitamin B1 has an important role in the development of the baby's brain.
- Vitamin B3 is essential for the development of your baby's brain, it keeps the nervous system, mucous membranes and skin healthy. It improves digestion, relieves nausea, and can ease painful migraines for mom.
- Vitamin B5 helps metabolize fats, proteins and carbohydrates. It prevents pregnancy-related muscle cramps and aids in the release of stress-relieving hormones.
- Vitamin B6 Helps prevent low birth weight and is essential for the development of your baby's brain and nervous system. It helps keep blood glucose at healthy levels and can help with morning sickness.
- Vitamin B7 or Biotin helps prevent hair loss, brittle nails and is essential for embryonic growth during pregnancy.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for the formation of the baby's neural tube, the development of the brain and the spine. Along with folate (B9), it works to produce DNA synthesis and red blood cells. It helps the development and functioning of your brain, nerves. In the mother it helps to improve their energy levels, mood and stress by helping the metabolization of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Promotes central nervous system and neurological functions by regulating the synthesis of myelin and fatty acids.
- Effect of B vitamins and genetics on success of in-vitro fertilization: prospective cohort study
- Longitudinal study of the effect of pregnancy on maternal and fetal cobalamin status in healthy women and their offspring
- Use of multivitamins, intake of B vitamins and risk of ovulatory infertility
- MTHFR C677T polymorphism, folate, vitamin B12 and homocysteine in recurrent pregnancy losses: a case control study among North Indian women
- A combination protocol of vitamin D, prednisone, aspirin, and vitamin B-folate complex improves ongoing pregnancy rates in patients with recurrent pregnancy loss or multiple failed euploid single embryo transfer cycles
- Dietary B vitamin intake and incident premenstrual syndrome