Selenium is an essential mineral, which means it must be obtained through the diet. It's only needed in small amounts, but it plays an important role in important processes in your body, including your metabolism and thyroid function.
- Necessary for optimal thyroid function.
- Protects the body from the devastating effects of heavy metals.
- Helps proper functioning of the immune system.
- Selenium has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Studies have proven efficacy in the treatment of polycystic ovaries.
Benefits for pregnancy
- It can reduce the risk of abortions.
- Deficiencies can cause gestational complications and damage the nervous and immune systems of the fetus.